Tourism, Parks and Recreation supports the development and marketing of the province as a world-class tourism destination; manages a network of provincial parks to care for important ecological areas and provide opportunities to enjoy and learn about Alberta's natural heritage; and promotes active, healthy lifestyles and athletic excellence by supporting recreation, sport and training facilities.
The ministry includes the department and the following agencies:
- Alberta Sport, Recreation, Parks and Wildlife Foundation (ASRPWF) - helping people live active, healthy lives and enhancing the quality of life in Alberta's communities
- Travel Alberta - the tourism marketing agency of the Government of Alberta
Alberta is a world-class tourism destination with active, healthy citizens who participate in sport and recreation and value their parks and natural heritage.
The Alberta Public Service's shared values of respect, accountability, integrity and excellence guide the ministry as it works to achieve its goals. In addition to the shared values, the ministry has adopted the value of collaboration.
Clients, partners and stakeholders
The ministry is committed to building trust, achieving collaborative outcomes and engaging others, including:
- Albertans and visitors to the province;
- municipal, provincial, national and international governments;
- other Government of Alberta ministries and Minister's advisory committees;
- Aboriginal communities and organizations;
- universities, colleges and educational institutions;
- the business sector and the tourism industry;
- recreation, sport, physical activity and conservation organizations; and