Alberta Recreation Trails Partnership
As part of a two-year pilot project, the Alberta government will create a new organization called the Alberta Recreation Trails Partnership. Bringing together key trails groups, the partnership will take the first steps in developing a co-ordinated, sustainable, provincial recreation trails system.
Over the course of the pilot project, the partnership will work with local trail organizations to manage and improve about 10 established recreation trails covering hundreds of kilometres. The selected trails for the project will include one each of motorized, non-motorized and mixed-use trail.
The partnership will include:
Last reviewed/revised: March 9, 2015
- an MLA, acting as Chair;
- a representative from Alberta TrailNet, Alberta Snowmobile Association, and Alberta Off-Highway Vehicle Association;
- a representative from user groups within each of Alberta TrailNet, Alberta Snowmobile Association, Alberta Off-Highway Vehicle Association;
- a representative from the Alberta Urban Municipalities Association;
- a representative from the Alberta Association of Municipal Districts and Counties;
- a representative from the tourism industry; and
- two government representatives from each of the departments of Culture and Tourism and Environment and Sustainable Resource Development, as non-voting members.