Tourism Investment Forum
Alberta's Tourism Framework recognizes the important role that access to capital plays in supporting the efforts of Alberta's communities to diversify their local economies
through tourism. The Tourism Investment Forum (PDF - 6.8 MB) provides communities with a unique venue to showcase land-based, for profit tourism
development opportunities to potential tourism investors, developers and lenders.
The Tourism Investment Forum will be held November 5th, 2014 at the TELUS Convention Centre in Calgary.
The Forum will feature projects from across the province, and include opportunities such as four-season and RV resorts, lodge and cabin developments and many others. The Forum's business
friendly format is sure to spark new ideas and connections to help grow Alberta's tourism industry.
Communities will gain valuable exposure among investors who are actively investing in Alberta's tourism industry. All opportunities meeting the submission guidelines will be compiled
into an investment opportunities booklet (PDF - 10.4 MB) and sent out to investors prior to the event in order to generate investor interest. In addition, these projects will also be featured on a section
of the Department's website dedicated to tourism investment opportunities. There is no cost to participate in the Tourism Investment Forum.
Tourism Investment Forum
TELUS Convention Centre
120 Ninth Avenue SE
Macleod Halls C and D
November 5th, 2014
1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Benefits for your Community:
- Access to a large number of high-net worth tourism investors, developers, hotel franchisers and lenders that are actively involved in Alberta's tourism industry.
- Investors that have the financial resources necessary to invest in market-ready opportunities, and that specifically are targeted based on their interest in tourism-related
- A tourism investment opportunities booklet containing individual community profiles and investment opportunities is sent to qualified investors in advance of the event.
- A wide range of investors, developers, lenders and hotel franchisers participate in the Forum.
- The tourism investment opportunities will also be profiled on the Department's website. The section is dedicated solely to profiling tourism investment opportunities in Alberta
and serving as a resource to investors interested in investing in Alberta's tourism industry.
- Network with investors, developers and lenders.
- The Tourism Investment Forum will have a large emphasis on networking. Staff from TPR will give a short presentation of each opportunity and then investors will be encouraged to
speak with communities and project representatives to obtain more detailed information on projects which piqued their interest.
- Building Business Relationships
- After the Forum, communities are encouraged to engage in further discussion with lenders, developers, and other business-related stakeholders. These discussions can be supported
with the tourism research and business advisory services available from the Ministry of Tourism, Parks and Recreation.
In order for your tourism investment opportunity to be considered for inclusion in the Tourism Investment Forum, it must meet the following guidelines:
Submission Guidelines (PDF - 61 KB)
EXTENDED DEADLINE for Submissions
Please forward your submission no later than Monday, September 8, 2014.
Tourism Project Submissions may be sent by email to:
- Bill Hodgins, Manager, Tourism Business Development and Investment
The information provided in the submission will be used to evaluate all tourism investment opportunities. Upon approval, it will be included in an investment opportunities booklet
provided to investors, hotel franchisers, lenders and developers prior to the Tourism Investment Forum. The investment opportunities booklet will profile each community and its specific
tourism investment opportunities. The booklet will allow investors to review all opportunities prior to the Forum, and will serve as an important tool to link investors and communities
after the event relative to other investment attraction activities that the department leads during the course of the year.
Last reviewed/revised: November 6, 2014