The Tourism Research and Investment Branch is here to support your investment needs. We can provide you with assistance in:
- Assessing and matching your investment interests and financial resources with appropriate tourism business investment opportunities.
- Providing contacts and facilitating meetings to assist with your business interests.
- Providing information to substantiate your business case or feasibility study.
- Providing detailed information on tourism sectors of interest.
- Organizing your tourism investment trip to Alberta.
- Providing information and assistance with regards to crown land leasing opportunities through the Alberta Tourism Recreation Leasing process.
The Tourism Research and Investment Branch also provides business information and advisory services for the development of new and expanded tourism products being proposed by clients. We can also:
- Offer financial advice and facilitate client/entrepreneur access to capital.
- Guide clients through the regulatory processes involved in tourism development projects.
- Work with our government departments in an advocacy role to represent the interests of the tourism industry in key policy areas such as improved air access, highway signage and product development.
- Provide advice on tourism-related economic impact assessments.
Our services can also be accessed through the Government of Alberta international office network.
For more information, contact:
- Moe Rehemtulla, Director, Research and Investment
- Bill Hodgins, Manager, Tourism Business Competitiveness and Investment